What is a Host Family?
The Coastal Plain League attracts some of the most talented college baseball players from across the nation, and we will need homes for approximately 30 players this season. According to NCAA rules, college baseball players cannot be paid for living expenses and other costs. It requires summer leagues such as the CPL to use Host Families, who play a critical role in the success and in the lives of these athletes, to house their players. Players come from all over the U.S. to pursue their dream and Host Families help this happen. Come join our family, you will be glad you did!
- Be available to host a player from May 24 through August 10
- Provide a clean, safe bedroom and bathroom
- Provide access to laundry equipment. Players do their own laundry, but welcome any help you give them
- Welcome the players much like any visiting guest in your home
- Host families do not need to provide meals or transportation
In addition to the rewards of forming a life-long relationship with your player, the Martinsville Mustangs would like to thank you with a very special free Host Family Package for the supporters of this program.
The package includes:
- Season tickets included for each household
- Access to private Mustangs events
- On-field recognition at final home game
Host families are a wonderful baseball tradition and play a vital role in the acclimation of young ballplayers into their new communities! If you or someone you know is interested in becoming a Host Family, please contact Connor Akeman at (813) 527-1190 or email [email protected]