The Martinsville Mustangs are looking for motivated, high-energy, college students for our 2022 Internship Program! Ever wanted to get experience in marketing, sales, or operations in the sports industry? Now is your chance!
Interns within the Mustangs organization play a vital role for the club. Our internship positions provide an opportunity for more hands on experience than the average sports organization could offer and you will have important responsibilities that play a direct part in the success in the organization. If you are interested in becoming a part of the Mustangs family, please email your resume to [email protected] or call 276-403-5250.
All internships are full time three-month long positions. Interns will report in mid-May and the internship will end no later than August 10. Interns are expected to work all home games and housing will be provided. These are unpaid positions for college credit.
Ticket Sales Internship
This internship is designed to give students experience in ticket sales and customer service. Individuals would be responsible for selling most of the Mustangs ticket products with an emphasis on mini plans. You will undergo sales training where you will learn valuable skills to be successful in ticket sales.
- Sell a select menu of ticket products offered by the Mustangs
- Make 30+ cold calls a day from lists provided, self-generation of leads, networking…etc
- Effectively handle incoming calls to the organization
- Attend outside events with the purpose of selling ticket packages, networking, gathering leads
- Sales calls for mini-plans and single game tickets
- Hooker Field set-up/take down and clean up before and after games/events
- Work with other interns to distribute pocket schedules prior to the start of the season
- Staff Mustang events held at the ballpark during the season
- Assist gameday staff and General Manager with any needs throughout the course of the game
- Maintain a positive attitude when out in community and interacting with our fans both in and away from Hooker Field
- Assist with the general day to day operation of the ballpark
- Assist General Manager with any other tasks necessary for the team
Public Relations/Marketing Internship
• Responsible for Assist with mascot/player appearance scheduling and coordination
• Responsible for cold calling, prospecting, and scheduling appointments with potential clients
• Assists with sale of group packages, catered outings, birthday parties, camps, etc.
• Assist with fulfillment of various community outreach promotions throughout the summer
• Identify and attend community events in which the team should have a presence
• Assist with fulfillment of external donation inquiries
• Handle other duties as assigned
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist with the execution of our food service strategy
• Assist with food service projects and new initiatives
• Attend and observe food and beverage events at Hooker Field on a regular basis (including
evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed).
• Monitor industry trends and hospitality operations and make recommendations on
improvements to the operations that drive (i) increased fan satisfaction with the food and
beverage (ii) improved efficiency in the operation and (iii) improved financial performance.
• Assist with coordination of game specific food and beverage initiatives
• Provide support in managing, and create reports, for the ballpark’s food & beverage services.
• Other duties as assigned.
General and Stadium Operations Internship
• Managing game day staff and engaging in customer service
• Creating and maintaining a clean, safe and fun ballpark for all fans
• Assisting in inventory controls and purchasing to ensure that the facility is adequately stocked
for all events
• Assisting in all facets of preventative maintenance for the ballpark
• Additional duties assigned by General Manager
• Insuring that facility is prepared to accommodate group outings each night
• Be available for community appearances
Multimedia and Video Coordinator Internship
- Conceptualizing, planning, coordinating and creating integrated multi-channel digital and interactive
assets based on needs of Marketing Department.
- Assist with planning and execution of various media appearances with internal and external clients.
- Assist with writing and editing news releases and blog content.
- Multimedia content for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat
- Collaborate with various internal departments (Sign Shop, Food & Beverage, Merchandise,
- Entertainment, etc.) for smooth execution on marketing driven programs and events.
- Responsible for taking photos/videos of park events and storing for archival purposes in shared
- Managing equipment and resources to produce necessary content.
- Provides guest service according to Martinsville Mustangs standards when serving the guest or
working with subordinates, including initiating guest interactions, answering questions and giving
- Other duties may be assigned.